The Training visa (subclass 407) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development.
There are three types of occupational training (nomination eligibility types) covered by this visa:
- Workplace-based training required for registration
- Structured workplace-based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation
- Training that promotes capacity building overseas, (this type includes the following categories:
- overseas qualification
- government support
- professional development.
Note: Workplace-based occupational training (not including professional development) must be for at least 30 hours a week, of which no more than 30 per cent can be classroom-based.
This visa allows you to:
- Take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
- Participate in a professional development training program in Australia.
This visa is not appropriate for persons whose sole intention is to work.
- Be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- Be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- Be 18 years of age
Length of stay: Up to 2 years
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- Are sponsored (by an approved sponsor of a relevant class) to participate in workplace-based occupational training activities or classroom-based professional development activities
- Are identified in an approved nomination by an Australian organisation (other than a Commonwealth agency)
- Are invited (if the sponsor is a Commonwealth agency)
- Meet the requirements of the visa
- Have functional English language skills, to do the training and meet occupational health and safety standards
- Have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia
- Have adequate financial support for yourself and accompanying family members while in Australia
- Have adequate arrangements for health insurance while in Australia
- Meet health and character requirements
- Are at least 18 years of age (except in limited circumstances).
If you would like more information about your application or pricing, please get in touch here, as information varies on a case by case basis.